We found out last week sometime that we will be finding out what this little precious baby is (boy/girl) in a little less than a week on September 8th. We are beyond words excited and cannot wait to find out!! So far all friends, family, church family are guessing boy. I know as it's mother I am suppose to have an overwhelming feeling one way or another but...I really have no clue. I think because I am genuinely excited over the thought of either one my mommy-meter is in the middle. Eric has thought boy all along. I had a dream early on in the pregnancy before even finding out we were pregnant that we had a boy. All we know is that we're excited to find out son or daughter and to get another chance to see this little bit squirming all around!! Praying more than anything for a perfectly healthy baby!
Not sure if it's nesting going on or just the planner in me coming out but I have already started on "projects" before baby time in February. I'm refinishing an armoire that will go in one of our guest rooms, refinishing our dining room table, a potential china cabinet refinish, and am working on some finishing touches for our other guest room. Guess it's just this need for everything to be finished and ready before entering this new season of baby.
According to my "what to expect" the baby started hearing this past week. With me and Eric both being so musical, we were so excited about this little milestone. The thought of him/her being able to hear our voices, hear us during praise/worship at church, singing around the house, and his/her daddy playing guitar excites me so much. We often will have little moments of our own worship around the house. Eric brings home his guitar, and we end up singing/worshiping in what ends up being some of my most favorite moments. We did this last night and with the thought of this sweet baby being able to hear worship songs this early on just blows my mind. Our prayer over this baby is that it would have a heart that deeply loves the Lord and that this love would start even while it's growing in me. Knowing that scripture tells us God is knitting this baby together in me, we believe He is already instilling that love for Him in our baby. Such a neat thought isn't it?
So to finish this novel...here's the most recent picture of me around 15 1/2 weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment