We had a busy day today as it was a full blown youth service in both our 1st and 2nd service at the OC. We lead worship and Eric had the opportunity to preach as well. It is such a humbling thing sitting under the ministry of your husband. I must admit I am so proud of him and the heart he has of serving the Lord. Very thankful for such a husband and overwhelmingly thankful that this man I love so much and who loves the Lord with all he is will be the father to this baby. His message today was one that God had given him earlier in the week and definitely convicted me in many ways. The overall message was to refocus our focus as we find ways to worship our way through any circumstance. He spoke on Paul and Silas who, bound and beaten, made a conscious effort in spite of their situation to worship God. Eric encouraged the church to worship God simply because he is worthy, no matter what's wrong with us to focus in on what's right with God. Very applicable to all this sickness I've been going through. It has definitely been a struggle worship through the very sick moments. But then that's what was so powerful about the worship of Paul & Silas...I'm sure it was extremely difficult for them in prison, chained, beaten, & discouraged to throw all of that aside and worship...but they did. Eric pointed out that worship sets the stage for a miracle. So as for this sick little mama, I'm preparing myself and this baby for a miracle and no matter how bad I feel am praising a God who is knitting a life together within me. A God who hates to see us hurt and rejoices over us with singing. I am choosing to extol a Savior who gave his life and is presently creating life inside of me. When you refocus into the big picture of who God is, how can you not choose to worship. So here's to trucking along with week 13, for better days, and for more opportunities to worship.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Better days are coming
Well, a mean trick was played on me yesterday. Yesterday, which marked the start of our 2nd trimester, was a day where I finally felt "myself" in about 7 weeks. I woke up no very nauseated and went the whole day acting like a normal person with pretty much zero nausea. I even ventured over to gap maternity where I purchased my first pair of maternity/the most comfortable thing ever jeans. Got a an incredible deal on them by the way (originally 65 and got them for 9.97) I was pretty excited on the price and comfort. I even ate out for the first time in weeks last night for dinner without having to stop every bite thinking "oh Jesus please keep this down". It was such a refreshing day! I told Eric I felt hopeful and so incredibly thankful that this just might be the new season of this pregnancy and I am ready for it. So can you tell where this story is headed? Yep...woke up this morning bright and early with an overwhelming urge to throw up...I'll leave out the details but you can be creative and finish the rest of the story. I felt the wind taken out of my sails and was so disheartened that "it" wasn't over yet. I'm praying that this sickness IS over and that today is just a fluke and that all will be well tomorrow when I wake up with a new day, a healthy growing baby, and an ability to actually enjoy food again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment