Thursday, August 5, 2010

New News...New blog...it's what you do right?


Well hello again blogworld. Obviously we haven't been to great at keeping up with the whole "eric and kandis" blog as of late. BUT we're pregnant and it's only right to jump back into blogging now right? After all, what better way to track and keep record of all the crazy/amazing things that you go through moving from "just the two" to "then there were three"...

We found out we were expecting June 14th and haven't looked back since. We were thrilled to find out we were pregnant and had been praying for God's perfect timing on when to start a family! We had our first appointment about a month ago where we saw a little gummy bear of a blob that had a little heartbeat...it was so sweet. Our latest appointment was this past monday where we saw that gummy bear had grown into a baby...moving its little arms and legs and already showing signs of being a "snuggler" just like his/her mom & dad. I'll try posting the video of the ultrasound so you can see our little bit wiggling all around...I must admit I've watched this video waaaaay too much already. Imagine soccer games or recitals...Lord help us haha.

To catch you up on the past almost 12 weeks...I'll use one word to describe how I've felt: NAUSEATED. Being a labor/delivery nurse I had prepared myself for so many things going into pregnancy, but for some reason I never thought of going through such sickness. My only symptom up until about 5-6 weeks was just being really tired. And then like a freight train the nausea hit hard. I went through a really rough time during weeks 6-10 being nauseated/throwing up pretty much all day everyday. My amazing husband has been such an incredible caretaker during these days. He has put my needs ahead of every single one of his and has taken such perfect care of me. It's definitely been a season the Lord has used for me to fall even more in love with the man and best friend I was so undeserving to marry...I love him. We got to go on vacation week 10 and like a miracle dropped on us I had hardly any nausea that entire week, praise the Lord! Don't know if it was a combination of home cooking + complete relaxation or if the baby just decided to behave for vacation. The day we left the beach the nausea and throwing up unfortunately came back with a vengeance. I'm at a point now where I have good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours. I really am doing much better than weeks 6-10 and am not taking any medicine regularly for it...just pushing through it as it comes. Once again Eric has been a lifesaver for me as the nausea has returned. I can't even express what a humbling thing it is to see your husband love you & this child so selflessly, so consistently, without a complaint of the newfound role as a true caretaker.

I know God uses every circumstance in our lives to grow us, to mold us, and to teach us something. This season has been no different. I am tangibly viewing the love of Christ in my husband allowing me to not only fall more in love with Eric, but even more to fall in love with a God who cares for us in the same way so faithfully. We are so excited about this phase of life and all the new things we're learning. Thank you for the prayers over us as God grows this baby in health and as he prepares our hearts to raise a baby knowing the power & love of Christ Jesus.

here are some pics to catch you up on the last several weeks of our lives along with the video



My bday June 13th : The day before we found out about baby S.

Family beach trip to Seaside July 2010. 10 wks pregggers






12 weeks pregnant...the start of the belly


Last but not least the sweet video of our little cuddler at 11wks 2days



No comments: