

Praise the Lord!! We got a good report today from the neurosurgeon! God was so evident in going before us and setting our steps before we went in. The neurosurgeon was wonderful very attentive to all of our questions, very informative, and very compassionate! He walked in and first asked "So have you been told just enough to scare you to death?" my answer was "yes". He sat down and began to explain that he had reviewed my scans and confirmed that he believed it to be benign fibrous dysplasia. You can see above in the two scans the lesion...middle right of the scan it is the obvious "what's different in this picture". This is an uncommon finding but because of his field of expertise is not uncommon for him to see. Along with his PA he explained that the size of mine is a "good size" for the placement and position of it. He said that my headaches could be from this but would doubt that my dizziness and nausea are. What you don't want fibrous dysplasia to do is grow, which is rare, but if this does happen then action would be necessary. He discussed that if some point it does grow then treatment would either be radiation treatment or surgery, however he was very optimistic to say that "we're not even going to look down that road right now". He asked me all about my symptoms in detail and then led us to a room to view my scans. He pointed out the obvious lesion on my sphenoid bone and said that it was very deep and because of this a biopsy would not really even be an option at this point. I asked him specifically how they can be sure just from 2 scans that this is not cancer. He responded very assuredly that because of the unique placement and position of this there are only very few things that are characteristically seen here. The one's that are cancerous are ruled out in my case because the findings didn't hold the characteristics true to that of something malignant. He said in his opinion this is "classic" benign fibrous dysplasia. His plan right now is for me to watch for any signs of growth (visual disturbances, face numbness, etc.) and then to rescan and continue to watch the benign fibrous dysplasia to look for any changes. We were so thankful to God to hear such encouraging words from a neurosurgeon who seemed to be so knowledgeable on bfd. So we will rescan, continue to pray over it, and fully believe that when they in fact to rescan they will find NOTHING!! I know the power of prayer, I have received a peace because of it, and a great report from our neurosurgeon. It is because of this that we truly have faith that this will be gone when they go looking for it again! We praise God for such a gracious report!! Thank yall for so many prayers!! our God is continually faithful!
kandis

6 comments:
Kan, this is wonderful! PTL! I was thinking about you today, thinking I needed to call for an update! Call you soon! Much love and prayers!
Yay!! Kan...I am so happy for a good report!! That is so relieving!! I have to admit...all the non-nurse/doctor types of people are not as good at reading those pictures. Can I have some more details about where the tumor is and what it looks like? Thanks!!! -Bets
Kandis, So thankful for your good news. I believe with you that there will be nothing there when you go back. Love you, Pammy
Kandis & Eric - As I read your blog it took me back to 2000 when God blessed us in a similar way. After Angela's surgery in Montgomery I had no idea who to see or where to go, my brain was numb. A cousin who worked at St. Vincent's for several years recommended a neurosurgeon - Dr. Carter Harsh at St. Vincent's as the first doctor to consult. God directed everything from the first appointment with Dr. Evans in Montgomery until the last radiation treatment at M D Anderson in Houston. Pastor Grady used to remind me not to worry, he would always say "He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it". I needed those reminders sometimes to keep my eyes on Him. Both of you are living a great example of complete trust in God. Continue to place your every care on Him. God is big enough to handle it all! I love you guys. God bless you. Ms. Judy
Kandis, I just love reading your blog and seeing how God is working in your life. You are such a wonderful person and I'm so thankful for your doctors. But, the real work is being done by The Great Physician above. :) Good luck in 2009! -cat and jt
Praise the Lord,Kan! I have been thinking about you and praying for you!!! Love you!
Post a Comment