So I am now 37 weeks and 3 days preggers. We had our appointment yesterday and were so excited to get some more news of how I've progressed over the past week. I had two photo sessions this past weekend and did a TON of walking all over Peidmont Park with both of those sessions. We also had a very busy weekend full of church things so I've been going hard since about Thursday just all over the place. I kept telling Eric I just feel different...feel like I've inched my way towards some more progress. Not that hearing about the progress means everything but it's definitely a mode of encouragement to push you through another week of sleepless nights, painful hips/back, and just the uncomfy stage of being 9 months pregnant. So we went into this appointment ready for some news. Can you tell where this is going? Yeah...so our wonderful Dr. chose not to check for any progress this week to avoid any unnecessary exams that could potentially give greater risk for infection of any kind. He is a wonderful Doctor and we're so thankful for the wisdom he really does seem to have. The nurse in me agrees with him completely. The pregnant woman in me wanted to get on my knees and beg to be checked to see if I've progressed haha...the nurse won out on this one. Everything else checked out to be perfect though. We found out that I am in fact GBS negative so won't be expecting to have to have any antibiotics during labor which is great! Sweet Noah continues to catch up to where he is actually suppose to be measuring (none of this 3 weeks ahead craziness) and is measuring only about a week ahead or as our Dr put it "perfect". His little heart was at a comfy baseline of the 130's...he was definitely sleeping during the appointment. We also had to sign our consent for delivery at this appointment and go ahead and pay our co-pay for Noah's circumcision. All of which makes it more real that he is almost here.
So our countdown to the due date is something like 2 weeks and 4 days. When Noah was measuring so big our doctor had alluded to the possibility of encouraging an induction due to his size. However, since Noah for the past two appointments has now been behaving in that area Dr Pohl hasn't mentioned an induction and would probably be much less likely to encourage one at this point. We, at this point, do not feel the need to rush things along and push for an induction. Again, the nurse in me is weighing out all the options of what I have encouraged my patients throughout the years to consider at such a decision. Unless there's a medical need for induction with me (i.e. his size or post due date) I just don't think we'd feel comfortable picking his birthday at this point. Our prayers have been that he would come on his own through a safe delivery and would be the picture of health at birth. So I'm really believing and going to continue to ask the Lord that he would send me into labor, on my own, before the 19th...please oh please. Either way and no matter how I know that it truly will be a day handpicked by a sovereign God who has planned each and every moment of Noah's life.
So, we're gonna keep waiting, walking, enjoying some more date nights, eating eggplant parmesan, jump roping (just kidding), and praying for our sweet little man :)
No comments:
Post a Comment