So we had our 36 week appt. today at 36 wks and 3 days. Noah is settling in low and is still measuring about a week to a week 1/2 ahead. We had our first "check" today to see if there's any progress in dilation. As a labor/delivery nurse I knew going into today that the odds are definitely not in my favor at all to be showing progress at this point and with it being my first baby. BUT, as a girl/mommy who is VEEEEERRRRYYY ready to have this baby in my arms and not my belly, I was crossing my fingers & toes that I'd have some progress in the right direction. Well, the result is kind of a happy medium of the two. I am not dilated but I am 50% effaced. I was encouraged with that as it is very important to be showing effacement...allows for easier dilation. So we'll see next week if there's anymore progress...lots of walking and spicy foods in my future haha. Little Noah is feeling NOT so little at this point and is stretching out in every direction and turning his mommy into something that should be on the sci-fi channel. He's been very active even with his limited space. The boy already adores his father! He will be wiggling and rolling like crazy and as soon as Eric puts his hand on my tummy to feel Noah instantly calms down...as to say "ahhhhh that's my daddy"...I can almost see his sweet little face having a smile on as he says it.
One of my best friends who was due a week 1/2 before me is currently in labor with her 2nd. The gender is a surprise so soon enough we'll know if Noah is gonna have a buddy or a girl to flirt with :). We're praying for bets to have a wonderful delivery...she's superwoman and is doing it all natural!
So for now we wait...praying for progress and a healthy baby boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment